Cross Realm Podcast #2: Your Gaming & Entertainment Podcast! Eve Online, Nintendo Switch & 3DS Releases and much more!
Episode 2# of Cross Realm Cast SHOW NOTES
- Will, unless someone else wants to do it
Welcome to Cross Realm Podcast!
The Entertainment Podcast hosting by CRR Gaming Group Members!@
- Today is March 9, 2018
- We are a CRR Gaming Group hosted podcast !
- You can reach the show by emailing CrossRealmPodcast@gmail.com
- You can tweet the show @CrossRealmPod on twitter!
- You can grab the RSS Feed, get our show notes , and leave us a voice message at anchor.fm/CrossRealmPodcast ,
- And you can join us in game at CrossRealmRebellion.com !
Introduce tonight's crew! Who wants to? Foe
TIME TO TALK!
Cross Realm Cast is meant to be more of an open discussion podcast that spans all realms of life.
Suggestions for input! (Obviously don’t pick them all ) lol
- What are you doing in game!?
- (Any game! Any Platform!)
- Do you have some gaming news to share?
- Some releases you can't wait for?
- A game you are excited for !?
- Feedback on a game you have played?
- Question for the group? A would you wrather?
- Need some advice ? Ask the group!
- Any recommendations on Food? Books? TV? Movies? Podcasts? Games?
- Have a weird product to share?
KEEP ENTRIES TO 2 EACH HOST PLEASE
(Unless they are quick blips of info)
So i recently trained into stealth bombers, a type of ship in eve designed to fire torpedoes, something normally reserved for battleships, i dove into wormhole space, hoping to find some miners to kill, but after one failed attempt i managed to escape into null sec, deep deep inside Brave collective territory, one of the bigger powers in eves null sec alliances, after finding a juicy battleship just waiting to have my torpedos rammed into it, i had to pull out, he was repairing faster then i could damage him, so i bolted, almost getting caught by two super carriers and a dreadnought, along with several small frigates designed to tear my small bomber to shreds, eventually I made it home, after about 50 jumps through a very angry brave collective fleet to finally reach safety.
Input: Been playing Way too much Ark every night. Going to bed way too late because we are having fun as a tribe on Ark Prim Plus Official Servers. I spent last weekend Playing Warcraft with Lumin, Big Blue and Sity and Goon. Goon, Blue and I rocked out free accounts and Luminin and Sity have a sub. It was fun and it is always cool to go back to my gaming roots with friends. My goal is to level one of each class to level twenty and see which I like the best since I have only played World of Warcraft Starter Edition & Limitations
- The World of Warcraft Starter Edition lets you access World of Warcraft for free -- all you need is a Blizzard account and a broadband internet connection!
- With the Starter Edition you can:
- Create new characters
Level any character up to 20
Earn up to 10 gold per character
Level any profession up to 100
Chat in /say and /party channels
Characters that are ten or more levels higher than you will not see your /say messages
Whisper your friends <- Character added only (Blizzard and RealID friends will not show and chat won't appear from them)
- On the Starter Edition you will not have access to:
- Expansion content (quests, zones, etc)
Characters above level 20
Other chat channels and whispers to non-friends
All guild-related functions
Value added services (character transfers, faction changes, etc)
Trade, mail, or the Auction House
Voice chat or Real ID
Starter Restrictions Remain After 72 Hours?
When you upgrade from the Starter Edition to a full version of World of Warcraft, it can take up to 72 hours for the Starter Edition restrictions to expire. If 72 hours have passed and you still have the above restrictions, reset your password. This will refresh your account's status with our servers and remove the restrictions.
- Looking forward to the new Roseanne show
- Chucklefish, the developer behind Starbound and publisher of Stardew Valley, is taking some inspiration from the latter for one of its next games. Aside from the Advance Wars-inspired game it's working on, the publisher-studio told us in January that it's creating "an RPG/Sim set in a magic school, something like Stardew Valley meets Harry Potter."
- Today, Chuckefish CEO Finn Brice tweeted a peek at the game, stating that they've "learned a lot of lessons from working with Stardew."
- SDV still in testing, no news yet. Thought this sneak peak might tide you over. We've learned a lot of lessons from working with Stardew.
Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank in PS+ for March: https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/28/17062562/playstation-plus-march-2018-free-games-ps4-ps3-vita-bloodborne-ratchet-and-clank?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
Playstation Flash Sale ending on March 12th: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE18LP/1?emcid=em-st-134456&et_cid=20180309_siea_emailstandard_psstoretier1_defaultphase2&et_rid=
Square Enix Playstation Sale also ending on March 12th:
Nintendo Direct 3-8-2018
- WarioWare Gold - August 3, 2018
- Dillon’s Dead-Heat Breakers - racing/action/tower defense game - Release May 24 - Demo version May 10
- Mario & Luigi Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr.’s Journey - 2019
- Detective Pikachu - March 23 - Amiibo released on the same day
- Luigi’s Mansion remake - this year
- Kirby Star Allies - King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Waddle Dee playable as allies. Release on March 16th (I have it preordered!)
- Okami HD - This summer - can use the touchscreen for the paintbrush in handheld mode
- Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido - June 8th
- Octopath Traveler - New characters (jobs/classes, really) announced: Tressa (Merchant), Alfyn (Apothecary) - in addition to the dancer and warrior - can combine two jobs for one character - released July 13th
- Travis Strikes Again - No More Heroes - Released this year
- Dark Souls Remaster - network test at some point before release - Solaire of Astora amiibo released at the same time as the game (lets you use the Praise the Sun emote whenever you tap the amiibo) - Released on May 25th (I also have this one preordered!)
- Mario Tennis Aces - Release 6-22-2018 - Pre-launch online tournament for 1-on-1 play prior to the game’s release (details on the Nintendo homepage later)
- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - also on 3DS - July 13th
- Undertale - No release date mentioned
- Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy - July 10th (kind of a big deal because it’s been a Playstation exclusive up to this point)
- Little Nightmares - Complete Edition - May 18th release
- South Park Fractured But Whole - April 24th
- Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition - May 18th release
- ARMS US & Canada Online Open - Ranked match March 8th-18th - Online Finals March 31st - 8 finalists will receive a custom art piece from the development team
- 3-day “Testpunch” on March 31st (Play free for 3 days)
- Splatoon 2 - 3.0 update in late April - Octo Expansion DLC coming this summer ($19.99)
- Last but not least
- [IF YOU DON’T LIKE SPOILERS STOP READING AND WATCH THE END OF THE NINTENDO DIRECT AT LEAST] - Start at 32:58 in the video.
- SUPER SMASH BROS. IS COMING TO THE SWITCH SOMETIME IN 2018
Input: Been rocking out monster Hunter world love the game , I don't feel compelled to play non stop but that's what I like about it . Been playing star wars destiny card game went to a regional tournament ! , running D&D for our CRR peeps has been a blast so far , and warhammer underworld Shadespire a fantastic small skirmish tabletop game by games workshop
Tried out the Vive a little bit. First off, I’m a bit miffed as nVidia seems to be having some issues with drivers. When I first restart my computer, it seems that I can run the Vive once. But then it stops working and it will display for about 10 seconds before going black. Looking up on the web, it seems that I need to run an older version of the nVidia drivers (version 388.71). What this means however is that I can’t run nVidia Freestyle during Ark, which annoys me. Hopefully nVidia fixes it soon. When I did get it working, I put a little bit of time into Island 359, the dino shooter/survival game. I started off by trying it in Survival mode and did not get too far. I found the first compound to collect items and got a small collection of things. Found a crafting station, but couldn’t figure out how to craft (I may just need more items to get recipes completed). Found an axe, but couldn’t figure out what to do with it. It didn’t seem to work as a melee weapon versus Compys or as a tool to chop trees. I tried to look up information about crafting and such, but there doesn’t seem to be much out there on how to play it. I did see people mention that your character is the same throughout all modes (Survival, Arcade and umm, the other one). And that people recommended to start with the non-survival modes first. So the next time that I played, I went to the Arcade mode. It is essentially just a shooter where you are stuck in one place and dinos will spawn from any side of you in waves. In the waves that I was able to get through, I fought compys, raptors and allosaurs. It earned me experience and credits to increase my effectiveness.
After talking with Luminin, I tried out Osiris: New Dawn. Got to put a couple hours in and it seems decent so far. Survival game where you crash land on an alien planet. Haven’t gotten too far, but you do have to make some of the materials through mixing elements (e.g. Hydrogen + Oxygen to make H2O for water). I’ll have to put more time into it, but it looks like it could have some potential. One neat feature that could be cool for multiplayer is that you can choose a class that starts off with more engram points in one tree versus others. The way that you earn experience is through the activities for the 3 types (science, engineering, and combat). Science is through bio type, engineering is through structures.
Time to close down the show!
- Share how our listeners can reach you!
- Give any shout outs!
- FOE - EXPECT to see me streaming and talking games on YouTube
- ESME: Join us in the games we play and the podcasts we record at crossrealmrebellion.com
- Would you rather meet an alien visitor on Earth or travel to outer space to live?
- Would you rather get torpedoed in space by giga or explore his wormhole for pirate loot
Space Pirate Trainer is the official trainer for wannabe space pirates on the HTC Vive. Pick up your blasters, put on your sneakers, and dance your way into the Space Pirate Trainer hall of fame.