Episode 56 of Rated Ark SHOW NOTES
Welcome survivors new and old to Episode 56 of Rated Ark, The Ark Survival Evolved Podcast!
- Today is June 24th , 2017
- We are a CRR Gaming Group hosted podcast , so that means the voices can change each week but the roundtable discussion will always be about Ark !
- We have many ways you can contact us to share feedback, tips, or adventures!
- You can reach the show by emailing RatedArk@gmail.com
- You can tweet the show @RatedArk on twitter!
- You can grab the RSS Feed, get our show notes , and apply to join us in game at CrossRealmRebellion.Com
- And you can now watch us record each episode Saturdays on Twitch 10:30pm est at www.twitch.tv/ratedark or mixer.com/RatedArk!
Name of who wants to read the intro & Introduce those on the show :
First we’d like to start the show off by introducing everyone here tonight!
Everyone introduces herself/ himself
( We can go from top to bottom in teamspeak to make it easy)
This segment is for listener feedback. Did we get any Audio? Emails? Tweets? Reviews? Do we have an shout outs to deliver? List them below: Greet anyone in the Twitch chat!
FB Reply to my question about the new patch notes:
I am really happy to see things winding down. While I enjoy new stuff the game needed heavy optimization work. I am hoping for a few more patches like this before August 8th.
Console players like myself do not have access to mods. So things like an option to ignore clipping is a major deal.
Added Spinosaurus roar.
Improved landing AI for Quetzal and Wyvern
Reduced tail collision on medium and large creatures.
Thanks the gods! Progress!
SCARLETTE DIARIES FOE
Things have been a little crazy lately! Some friends decided to go to a distant, unknown land and start a tribe there. I chose to join them, as it sounded like a ton of fun, and it has been! The people there are relatively friendly, and while it isn't easy, it's nice to struggle alongside other people. I've learned two things: building by the swamp means you get attacked constantly, and not all neighbors are nasty. I can't wait to continue the fun times with my tribemates!
*****Fresh from the Forge******Ark News Segment
( Ark News Segment. Did any of us find any juicy news we want to share)
***PLEASE ADD your name AND the link with your news pieces.***
NEWS: Tweet Jeremy Stieglitz @arkjeremy
ARK: Survival Evolved and Scorched Earth are available on Steam at 51% off as part of the Summer Sale!
NEWS: Tweet Jeremy Stieglitz @arkjeremy
Esme : Dino eating stasis changes https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/203143-stasis-food-consumption-floating-in-waterfloating/
PC Patch Notes: Promo
Current Version: v259.35
- Fixed Pegomastax taming.
- Fixed Megalania not climbing after server restart.
- Added in eating animations for Carno and Araneo
- Added an ambient sound to the Obelisks
- Adjusted the rate of Mutton, it is still more effective versus Prime Meat, but not as close to Kibble.
- Fixed singleplayer Primitive Plus crash.
- Fixed Dino Count slider in the host menu UI.
- Fixed issue with hibernation in singleplayer.
- Fixed another cooking pot crash.
- Fixed some baby dinos eating more in stasis than intended.
- Updated Localizations, thank you brilliant translators!!!!! <3
- Fixed tribute crafting at the Tek Cave terminal.
- Fixed plant species X hitbox.
- Clamped crafting skill for servers using player level modifiers. Set to CraftingSkillBonusMultiplier=1.0 as default.
- Fixed a crash with the cooking pot.
- Fixed issue with Megalosaurus not dismounting players properly.
One Time Player Respec Applied To All Characters
- New Item: Tek Tapejara Saddle!
- New Skill: Crafting Skill! Replaces Crafting speed. Crafting Skill increases crafted blueprint quality by up to a 64% multiplier on bonus stats for 100 points into Crafting Skill. The item then displays your name and your tribe name and indicates what percent bonus you received when crafting. It still increases the rate at which you can craft items, as well as grants higher stat benefits from cooking custom recipes.
- New Feature: Corpse Locator! Upon death, a beam of light shoots into the sky to help the player locate where they died. Enabled on Official Servers by default. Add bUseCorpseLocator=true to your Game.ini for server use.
- New Host Option: Disable Structure Placement Collision! Unofficial Servers and single-players can enable this feature to allow them to place structures that clip into terrain. Add bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=true to your Game.ini for server use.
- New Host Option: Use Singleplayer Settings! When enabled, this edits all game settings to be more balanced for an individual player experience. Add bUseSingleplayerSettings=true to your Game.ini for server use. This is automatically enabled for Non Dedicated servers too, you can disable it in your host menu settings, or set the ini to false.
- New Host Option: Fast Decay! Enable this option for a fixed constant decay period for "Fast Decay" structures (such as pillars or lone foundations). Add FastDecayInterval (default is 43200) to your Game.ini for server use.
ESME WILL READ
- Implemented hibernation from console to PC, which introduces over 500MB saved in memory for spawning dinos.
- Fixed graphical issue with crops appearing massive.
- Fixed player ragdolls becoming malformed when falling from great heights.
- Fixed player getting stuck in rocks/trees/structures when logging out in single player.
- Fixed dino spawning issues in single player that caused over-spawning of certain creatures over time and issue where spawns were becoming depopulated.
- Fixed single player settings via the slider from resetting.
- Fixed BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier setting via the host menu.
- Fixed traps not working after a game/server restart (bear traps, species Y traps, narcotic traps, alarms).
- Fixed various lighting issues on The Island and The Center.
- Fixed low landscape LODs on both the Center and the Island when using low viewing distance (certain landscape will stream in better quality from further away, e.g. skull island on the Center).
- Improved war paint on female model around the hairline.
- Added featured to allow players to set the light level of their lamps.
- Changed static mesh of Plant Species X to remove swaying and firing animation to reduce client FPS drops.
- Added on-screen indicator icon when structure placement is in rotation-mode.
- Fixed issue where the cooking pot provided infinite dye.
- Buffs that prevent firing (such as the shock buff) now cause the player to lower their weapon.
- Made Alt-Fire on the paintbrush now “Paint Yourself”.
- Added new live versions of all in-game music.
- Fixed issue in singleplayer where logging out with a tool equipped caused the inventory to lock up.
- Implemented kill zone under the sea floor.
- Fixed Supply Crate SFX to always be audible.
- Added new music stingers when you tame a creature.
- Increased range of boss music in the arenas.
- Days are now 25% longer. Night time remains unchanged.
- Tribe ownership settings now default to Personally Owned in singleplayer/non-dedi.
- Fixed issue that causes sitting on a chair on a platform saddle not to calculate player temperature and location appropriately.
- Fixed issue where being unconscious would cause the player not to receive lava damage.
- Tek rifles now stop working in thunderstorms.
- Homing rockets no longer target your own turrets.
- Mindwipe tonic can now only be applied once per level up.
- Stat decrease of blueprints from fishing.
- Removed all current fishing rods.
- Reduced max fish size that is catchable with a fishing rod with: Honey to 2.2, Leech Blood to 1.88, and Sap to 0.94.
- Reduced fishing rod effectiveness by 35%. With these changes, we have wiped all existing Fishing Rods from player characters.
- Increased Liopleurodon loot quality buff by 20%.
- ATV engram is available in singleplayer after reaching max ascension.
- Fixed issue where walking through electrical cables and pipes would cause the camera to move around in unintended ways.
- Fixed issue where feeding trough was not updating spoilage timers.
- Fixed issue where the player could get stuck inside doors by closing the door on themself.
- Removed boss arena and Tek Cave timers in non-dedicated.
- PVE no-build functionality has been removed from non-dedi.
- Slightly increased difficulty of the Cavern of Lost Faith.
- Prevented regular dinosaur gateways from supporting behemoth gates.
- Added final statted items to loot crates.
- Fixed canvas not being visible when placed on Tek walls.
- Added lots of crystal, obsidian, and rich metal to all caves except the Tek Cave.
- Re-added metal to the volcano, approximately 70% of its previous resources.
- Added categories for maps in the host menu.
- Added an alternate engram points per level array to non-dedi.
- Fixed issue where wooden cages would heal themselves when picked up.
- Fixed issue where player could wield a riot shield and chainsaw at the same time.
- Decreased mutton effectiveness by 20%. (additional changes to the Kibble system to come)
- Re-balanced speed gained per player level up.
- Fixed not being able to sit in chairs/benches when placed too close to a table.
- Increased radius of house buff by double. Also flagged gate frames as walls which allows them to give the indoor buff.
- Fixed issue where dinos placed in cages would float upwards and glitch out of the cage.
- Fixed an issue where players could not walk inside of fallen redwood trees.
- Corrected specimen implant colors after ascending.
- Obelisks now save inventory in singleplayer.
- Boss biomes no longer hear time of day transition sounds
- Fixed frozen vacuum chamber walls showing as windows in localized clients
- Reduced Club effectiveness scaling with quality by 55%.
- Updated Sweet Veggie Cake recipe to require Giant Bee Honey as a crafting ingredient.
- Elevator Platforms no longer stack
Dino Specific Changes:
- Fixed issue where dino attacks could not do damage under low server FPS.
- Fixed the dino fleeing mechanic so that dinos should no longer run into walls endlessly.
- Fixed the dino fleeing mechanic so that dinos should attempt to run towards the player and not towards water, previously causing them to torpor out in water and drown. In the case where the dino cannot reach the player, it may still end up running towards water via picking a random direction.
- Fixed issue with Thylacoleo, Kaprosuchus, Megalosaurus, and Tuso where when attacking, the creature was able to force the target under world geometry and make them unrideable/unmovable.
- Rebalanced speed gained per tamed level up on all dinos.
- Fixed issue where unconscious player could be pushed through terrain by a Kaprosuchus.
- Fixed issue where Tuso could grab through Iceberg geometry.
- Fixed issue where babies were consuming less food when floating.
- Fixed issue where babies were consuming more food than intended as they tried to regain health. Regaining health no longer costs food for babies.
- Changed all creature names to use their long form.
- Made Troodons scared of light sources.
- Raised Ptero saddle level requirement to 38.
- Added damage scalers to Trike and Stego which makes them more resistant to damage.
- Increased Parasaur stamina by 50% and increased its speed in water.
- Increased Angler light radius underwater.
- Decreased amount of fall damage for tamed Giga’s.
- Made Moschops easier to tame.
- Increased insulation ability of Dimetrodon.
- Fixed fur cap on Mesopithecus.
- Fixed Santa hat on Gallimimus.
- Fixed alignment of metal water taps on pipes.
- Rebalanced Equus saddle cost.
- Reduced the gather rates of the Therizino.
- Reduced base damage of wild and tamed Gigas.
- Fixed issues with Ovis and Kentro where their baby/egg would fall through the floor.
- Creatures will no longer drown when they are encumbered.
- Fixed an issue where fish did not appear in Lower South Cave (Cave 1).
- Removed piranha spawns from the shallow pools in the redwoods.
- Decreased wild Carno damage by 15%.
- Reduced Terrorbird spawns in the redwoods.
- Removed Titanosaur spawn from Herbivore Island.
- Fixed issue where beehives were stacking on top of each other.
- Wild Ichthyornis HP reduced by 50%.
- Added HUD notification for Pegomastax when it is not pickpocketing.
- Added HUD message for Ichthyornis stealing, and for Ichthy making you drop your weapon.
- If a tamed Yutyrannus has carno followers, the followers now properly attack the same target.
- Fixed issue where riding on a Phiomia/Carbonemys caused the players size to increase by twice the normal size.
- Added functionality to allow the Gigantopithecus to gather fiber using the ‘C’ key.
- Added cooldown to Tuso so that it’s ink ability cannot be spammed.
- Increased Trilobite spawns to be more common in shallow areas.
- Made it so that Fertilized eggs do not count towards the egg count in the given area. This was causing fertilized eggs to be laid and the dino to go on breeding cooldown but no actual egg was laid.
- Increased unstasis range on Trilobites, Eurypterids, and Ammonites.
- Deep Ocean Coel added, with increased unstasis range and bias towards being larger sized.
- Land creatures now only receive 50% of their regular additional speed increase while swimming (does not include Spino or amphibians).
- Fixed dung beetles not processing fertilizer correctly after server restart.
- Prevented Pegomastax from attacking when the player has nothing it can steal.
- Added 30s cooldown after the player is stolen from unless the player attacks the Pego, in which case it will ignore the cooldown.
- Prevented Pegomastax from robbing same-team.
- Fixed issue where passive tames would not resume eating after being knocked out and eventually starve.
- Increased SFX distance for Ichthyornis and Hesperornis.
- Fixed the Egg Hatching bar from disappearing in singleplayer when relogging.
- Fixed issue where torpor stat for newly tamed dinos was not displaying correctly.
- Fixed issue where stasis was reducing the food consumption of dinos.
- Hyaenodon taming now scales properly with taming server settings.
- Reduced turning speed of tames by 0.5s their current speed when they are in combat, so creatures like the Manta and Ptero can turn fast enough to properly attack.
- Enabled pack buff to tamed Kentros.
- Increased duration of Giga roar.
- Fixed Quetzal platform not being paintable.
- Added Spinosaur roar.
- Added missing eating animations and sounds for creatures (should all have a proper animation now! Still have a few more eating sounds to add).
- Prevented baby Thylacoleo’s from spawning on redwood trees when born.
- Improved landing AI for Quetzal and Wyvern.
- Fixed an issue where flyers out of stamina would not auto-land and would get stuck in the air.
- Fixed Megalosaurus breeding to prevent babies from needing/going to sleep.
- Fixed Thylacoleo from always roaring when coming out of stasis.
- Fixed Thylacoleo from assuming a “superman” pose when jumping on a surface it couldn’t climb.
- Fixed Thylacoleo from getting into a state where it would walk forward without player input.
- Fixed server crash caused by Thylacoleo.
- Reduced tail collision on medium and large creatures.
- Fixed babies from ‘growing’ into the ground over time as they aged.
- Improved logic to minimize Sarco tails from gravitating towards ceilings.
- Fixed Move To whistle command to work after dismounting a dino if the dino is in a group, also now plays proper animation.
- Fixed the player from taking damage while riding on a Griffin in singleplayer.
- Added Griffin icon and level up animation.
- Fixed the spyglass not functioning properly while flying on the Griffin.
- Fixed issue where the Griffin gained unintended speed when equipping a weapon.
- Fixed an issue where dinos could aggro turrets even though no damage was being done.
CRUISING THE FORUMS EPISODE!
This means that you need to:
1: Head to the forums at https://survivetheark.com/, Reddit, or the Steam forums , twitter posts, Ark Facebook Group posts, etc and find a post you think would be great to talk about on the show this week !
2: Copy and paste the forum post below with the link.
3: Take the time to look of the forum posts of others and add any thoughts on the topics
Submitted 8 hours ago by air401
Seriously, raising anything, especially on Scorched Earth with a regular trough is annoying as hell.
I literally have to get up every 2 hours to restock the feeding trough on scorched earth.
How is this even healthy?! Oh its nots, i over slept by 2 hours and my thyla and 2 rex's starved.
Thats even WITH full feeding troughx2 and perserving salts and COOKED MEAT on the dino's.
Still starved. I only have access to SE resources as i have no assets on the island map. So ya.
We need a tier 2 feeding trough..maybe a refrigerated one.
This new implement of a tek trough would be like us going from slingshot to assault rifle with nothing in between. Its idiotic.
Full Upfront Disclaimer: I like challenges. This entire post, at no point will be me trying to say "I want this particular thing to be easy. I'm not saying that. I think the "best" in a game should require effort. End game alpha tribes with the best stuff got there for a reason. I'm not arguing that. I believe in that. I get it.
This post is targeting one specific area of the game:
Breeding Imprints facilitate unhealthy gaming lifestyles.
We live in a time right now where gamers get a bad rap when it comes to health. And, for the most part, it's probably for good reason - we sit on our asses a lot, we don't get up and move nearly as much as we should, we typically eat junk because we're too engrossed in the game to make effort to cook or go out or whatever, and we're hunched over half the time like Mr Burns in our chairs with some pretty poor posture. I'm guilty of all of the above, so don't think I'm blaming anyone. And I know plenty of gamers do try to make effort to break this mold, and succeed. But my point is...
Health in gaming should be a bigger deal than it is. Unhealthy gamers are becoming kind of an epidemic. And it extends beyond just what I posted above - it can include big picture stuff, like addiction and shitty sleep cycles.
The sleep is a big one. Gamers are notorious for having bad sleep habits. And sleep is easily one of the biggest contributing factors to your overall health. Your mood, your body, your day to day life - sleep affects everything.
So why, then, do I feel like this is something worth posting about?
Now is the time where the developers are "fixing" areas of the game. A lot of fixes need to happen, and this has been brought up many times before. But I'm bringing it up again because this particular area is especially concerning. This isn't about "game balance" or "bug fixing" or any of that.
This is about changing one area of the game that actually supports incredibly unhealthy living.
The only way to get a 100% imprint on any dino legitimately (I say legitimate as in, not giving your account info to another player for help) is to essentially fuck up your life a bit. There's no other argument that can be said. On the 2 day breeds, it can be done with minimal fuckery but on a 4+ day breed, forget it. The only way you come close to full imprinting a 4+ day breed, is by seriously fucking up your lifestyle and promoting incredibly bad health habits.
The window of opportunity for imprinting is every approximate 4 hours. The only way to get a 100% imprint is to ensure you're hitting those 4 hour windows pretty frequently. What this means is you actually have to intentionally wake up in the middle of the night religiously every 3-4 hours just to do a fucking imprint. This isn't an opinion, this is a mathematical fact. This is how it's designed.
It's irresponsible and lazy. It shouldn't be this way. There's a difference between "difficult" and this. This is not difficult, this is damaging. This is not good.
IMO, it should be 8 hours. That's it. That's the only change needed. That's what it should be. That's actually healthy.
The reason this is in the game at all is because the majority of the developers are probably not trying to legitimately 100% imprint their breeds on as regular a basis as we, the players, are. Think about it. They play the game on developer time in a developer way. They play on private modded servers with everything juiced up.
To any Wildcard employee reading this, seriously ask yourself how much effort you've ever put in to trying to get a 100% imprint. Actually think about it. And if you've done it yourself, seriously consider how shitty it probably was. 100%ing a Quetz or a Rex or a Giga is not something anyone, even you, probably "had fun" doing given how frequently you had to probably get to the keyboard regardless of circumstance. Setting alarms every fucking night, crawling out of bed constantly just to click one simple button is not fun for anyone. No one enjoys missing imprints while they're at work. I want you to realize just how absurdly disruptive you've made this process, all in the name of "Well we can't imbalance the game too badly."
No, you're not imbalancing the game. You're just imbalancing our lives.
Breed times can stay the same. I think they're fine. Food consumption rates can stay the same. I don't care.
But having Imprints on a 4 hour window instead of an 8 hour window is a bad idea. You should be concerned about potentially promoting unhealthy lifestyles in your players.
Thanks for reading.
I think it is in a bit of a way, but if I remember correctly they have, should, or are going to be adding it to where anyone can help with the imprints… I heard this from a conversation that I held with some of the other PS4 members a little while back… I’ll do some more digging into this before the show!!! ^__^
Esme: I saw this article and thought it would make a good one! Im so happy your grabbed it up! It is a great post and I agree with where they are coming from!
I've been 100% in agreement with you on every single nerf and game adjustment. Turrets on platform saddles? Thank you. Cross server transfers? Thank you. Flyer nerf? Thank you. Etc. Etc. However by your recent club and movement speed nerf you have just created a pro big tribe environment in a game that previously allowed for small tribes and casuals to have a chance. My first server we built up me and 2 friends and we were wiped by the alpha for the offense of taming a quetzal. We proceeded to hurt them back. BADLY. Yet that was only possible because we were good at building quickly and silently and because we understood movement speed and the club. Were we able to wipe them? Of course not. At the end of the day a club is useless against a bred rex let alone a giga. On the island you can always find a guy by the time they can craft a fabricator, so getting explosives together was quite difficult as they wiped us daily. Yet we could and did hit them back and kill their tames as repayment for their treatment of the small tribes. Had we actually had to build up and use our tames vs their bred animals and our prim gear vs their Mastercraft and better stuff the game would of been over for us. We didn't have to do so however. We were able to creep up on their scrub players with a club and walk away with gear enough to do some damage. The club WAS the great equalizer. It was the thing that made a fight an actual battle of skill and not a bigger tribe take all scenario every time. I carry a pike, a club, and a whip at all times. All 3 weapons can counter the others and almost every other weapon in the game if used properly. Only the club and the whip are cheap however and by nerfing one of them you are causing a HUGE difference in the ability of the "little guy" to play what is at this point the most amazing game I've ever played.
Just use them forums. Visit www.survivetheark.com you never know what you’ll find. I found a old thread about a guy who was breeding doe-doe’s for a round robin tourney in his server. And he was asking if he should imprint. The answer that came back was yes. But a broader discussion opened up about making it cross server.
I also found someone who wanted people to Critique their art (mostly dino related sketches).
You just never know what you're going to find. And with Ragnarock coming to the serves it’s as good a time as any.
Facebook post about this Mind wipe change:
Do you have any info you forgot to share? Some shout outs? Future events? Contests? Share them now or wait a week!
Share a business or service you have found that is unique, strange, interesting etc!
- The Anger Room
Do you ever get so angry that you could just break something? Have you ACTUALLY broken something in anger? Then you’re the perfect customer for the “Anger Room.” The idea is simple: you pick the blunt instrument of your choice (a bat, golf club, etc.) and are thrown into a room with a few pieces of junk furniture (televisions and other breakables in particular). And then… You smash to your heart’s desire. It’s $25 for every 5 minutes, but that’s probably as long as most would need. Properly smashing things should wear most people out pretty quick.
3. Cheese-Sculpting Business
Do you love cheese? Bet you don't like it as much as Sarah "The Cheese Lady" Kaufmann, who makes her living as a traveling cheese sculptor.
She creates cheddar cheese carvings for grocery stores, sporting events, festivals, photo shoots and any other business or event that needs a giant hunk of cheese. Kaufmann has carved everything from a scene of the first moon landing to the Chicago skyline.
Though she makes most of her money carving cheese, Kaufmann also hosts seminars, where she informs audiences about the art and traditions of cheese making.