Season 2 Episode 5 of Rated Ark SHOW NOTES
Who wants to Introduce the show and hosts?Foe
Welcome survivors new and old to Episode 5 of Rated Ark, The Ark Survival Evolved Podcast!
Today is March 30, 2018
- We are a CRR Gaming Group hosted podcast , so that means the voices can change each week but the roundtable discussion will always be about Ark !
- We have many ways you can contact us to share feedback, tips, or adventures!
- You can reach the show by emailing RatedArk@gmail.com
- You can tweet the show @RatedArk on twitter!
- You can grab our RSS Feed, get our show notes www.RatedArk.com and apply to join us in game at www.crossrealmrebellion.com !
First we’d like to start the show off by introducing everyone here tonight!
Everyone introduces herself/ himself
( We can go from top to bottom in teamspeak to make it easy)
Tell who you are and how many hours you have in the game so far
This segment is for listener feedback. Did we get any Audio? Emails? Tweets? Reviews? Do we have an shout outs to deliver? List them below:
- Wanted to give a shout out to
- Ted Bourchert on our Youtube channel
- “Yay! You guys are back!!!”
- And to Luminin who fired up the CRR Pix Ark Server so we dont have to put up with the crazy PVE life on Pix Ark
*****Fresh from the Forge******Ark News Segment
- ( Ark News Segment. Did any of us find any juicy news we want to share?
- You can check the steam forums, www.survivetheark.com , Ark Reddits, etc for any nuggets of Ark news you'd like to share.
PS4: Upcoming Version: "TLC Phase 2" - Mid-April
XBOX: Upcoming Version: "TLC Phase 2" - Mid-April
Foerender can Read
PIXARK NOW AVAILABLE ON STEAM EARLY ACCESS & XBOX GAME PREVIEW!
Welcome to PixARK, a vast, wild world filled with vicious dinosaurs, magical creatures and endless adventure developed by Snail Games! To survive in this mysterious land, you must tame creatures both ferocious and cuddly, craft high tech and magical tools, and build your own base out of cubes.
- Key features in the game include:
Single player and online multiplayer
During the first week of the Xbox Games Preview launch, the team will be testing initial feedback and stability of the game.
Multiplayer on Xbox Games Preview will release in approximately 2 weeks.
Multiplayer is available on Steam now.
The ability to collect and craft items and build bases
Over 100 dinosaurs and other creatures to tame, train and ride
Character progression and customization
Procedurally generated worlds, with no two worlds ever being the same
Creative Mode which allows players to construct whatever they can imagine
More than eight unique biomes to explore, including deserts, jungles, caves and more
Procedurally generated quest system to keep players actively engaged in their worlds
- PixARK is available for $24.99 during the Early Access program. It will also be coming to retail / digital distribution to PC, Microsoft Xbox One and Xbox One X, Sony PlayStation 4 entertainment system and the Nintendo Switch later in 2018
Eggcellent Adventure Returns!
Beginning Thursday March 29th until April 10th, survivors will be able to experience the "Eggcellent Adventure" Event on all platforms!
During Eggcellent Adventure, survivors will be able to collect special "Bunny Eggs" across the ARK from wild Bunny Dodo's and Bunny Oviraptor. These Bunny Eggs can paint or used in special Cooking Pot recipes to craft holiday-themed items such as
- Bunny Ears, a Bunny Costume for the Procoptodon, are two brand new cosmetics: the Knitted Chick Hat and Egg Shell Hat for both survivor and dino!
- Wild creatures roaming the ARKs will also find themselves feeling eggcellent, sporting bright colours of Green, Magenta, Yellow, and Blue.
- Wild Dodos are replaced by Bunny Dodos - with ears, taming disabled, and drop 50% consumable dodo eggs and 50% Bunny eggs
- Wild Oviraptors are replaced by Bunny Oviraptors - with ears, taming disabled, and drop 50% consumable Oviraptor eggs and 50% Bunny Eggs
- Bunny Eggs can be placed on the ground and painted
- Bunny Eggs will expire after approximately two weeks from inventories, and placed eggs will immediately decay once the event is turned off.
- Run your private server with '-ActiveEvent=Easter' to turn on the event
- Running the same server without -ActiveEvent=Easter will delete all placed egg structures
- PC players can use Steam > ARK > Properties > General > Set Launch Options and paste in -ActiveEvent=Easter to experience the event in single player/non-dedicated/player dedicated worlds. You must enable the event yourself in these modes.
Event is not available in Primitive Plus, or single player console worlds, non-dedicated console servers, or player dedicated console servers. Console can however spawn and use the new cosmetics with the command below
Blue can read: Modding Tutorial Contest #1 Winner!
The winner of the first mod tutorial contest has been decided! @Garuga123 has put together an excellent tutorial for adding new creatures to ARK. He makes it easy to follow and introduces you to the different parts that need to be prepared. Check it out!
Don't forget that the second modding tutorial contest is already underway and accepting submissions. If you are interested, please take a look here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/316338-ark-modding-tutorial-contest/&tab=comments#comment-1851159
Patch Notes v279.23
- Eggcellent Adventure, running until April 10th: http://steamcommunity.com/games/346110/announcements/detail/1654384241440028827
- Multiple mesh/base exploit fixes
- Raptor Pack Buff now lasts for 45 seconds
- Global Banlist URL has been updated to http://arkdedicated.com/banlist.txt
- Fix Raptor Basic Attack audio
- Fixed Aberrant trike colourization
- Sarco can now hurt target on roll even if it can't carry it
- Fix for crash when equipping empty folder
- Updated Argent claw grab back to original weight restrictions
- Fixes for forceflee from Parasaur
- Fixes for Parasaur not attacking targets when ordered to
- Raptor can no longer pounce very small things like insects
- Fix for trike getting stuck charging
- Players can no longer build in the puzzle cave on Ragnarok
- Fixed a bug where Spino Hydration buff would timeout unexpectedly
- Pinned target no longer stays down if Raptor is killed
- Removed pounces while being carried
- Fix for Argent grabbing through walls
DO NOT TELL ANYONE THESE ARE FAKE Till the last call lol?
TLC Dino Patch #3 Patch version 8675309
Troodons are being removed from the game and their abilities are being added to the Pegomastax while their taming requirements are being added to the raptors due to the fact they are pack hunt
COMPY TLC , skin update , no longer needs prime meat to take instead needs spider boss trophy to tame , one trophy will do the trick but high level ones can take up to 5 . They will now have pack bonus if your pack is 20 or more they can bunch under your raft to take your raft to land .
Megalodons will now sprout wings at night and fly to the nearest shoreline to feed on anything in its path including structures. Anything under metal will be affected.
Every player will only be able to have 5 dinos tamed under their name. The rest of the dinos tamed will expire after 15 days (bred dinos expire after 10). This is being done to free up server lag.
Black Pearls will now sprout legs and walk to a new location every 4.5 minutes.
The Lystrosaurus will now need to enter through a behemoth gate, but it can be picked up through the radial menu.
Silica Pearls and crystals no longer glow at night.
Itchyosaurs will continue to press into the player until meat is given to them. After this, they will be sated and run away from the player.
Titanosaur- will cause Damage to structures while walking without agro
There is going to be a new tribe buff added - The more members to a tribe will boost crafting of weapons, producing up to and including ascendent weapons.
Xbox and ps4 will now have the ability to have mods on private servers
I've been travelling the Ark for two weeks, and I've been alone except for my trusty iguanodon called Windrunner. That all changed when I met Bobbert. It all started when I was travelling in the swamp. A wild Kapro leapt from the bushes, and dragged me off my dino! I thought I was dead for certain, but then, a survivor ran out from the bushes and killed the Kapro, saving my life! As our eyes met over the corpse, it was love at first sight! To thank him, I invited him to have dinner with me that night, but we liked each other so much that him and his trike called Cornflake have joined me and my iguanodon on our travels! Bobbert's cheery, scattered, gruff nature has me laughing all day! It's nice to have a companion, and possibly a lover, with me to share my adventures!
****Dino Spotlight with Goon and Esme****
Dino Name: Carbonemys
From The Dino Dossier
GOON: Carbonemys obibimus is one of the least aggressive creatures on the Island. Were it not for the plethora of predators on the Island, I'm quite certain that it would spend its days basking in the sun, eating, or sleeping. Carbonemys leads a simple, solitary life. Nevertheless, it seems to be one of the most peaceful animals I have yet encountered.
With its slow walking speed, the only things that keep it safe are its surprisingly fast swim speed, and its incredibly thick shell, which can absorb tremendous damage.
Carbonemys' swift swim rate, fairly high strength, superior shell defenses, and lack of real threat makes it an ideal armored mount for many survivors who shy away from violence. It can carry its rider to the ocean's resources at fairly high speed, and is not particularly dangerous to tame.
Taming Method Knockout
Preferred Kibble (Pteranodon Egg)
Preferred Food Vegetables
Preferred Food (P+) Fresh Tea Leaves
Equipment Carbonemys Saddle (Lv 10)
Rider Weaponry? Yes
Can not carry Humans
- ONLY FILL OUT ONE OF THE TIP Sections BELOW FOR EACH EPISODE.
- You do not have to add anything if you have nothing to add.
- There can be more than one tip under a section, just not one host with multiple tips.
- SAVE EXTRA TIPS AND INFO FOR FUTURE SHOWS SO WE WILL NOT RUN OVER OUR TIME LIMIT.
Do you have a tip for a new player? Share it below:
Esme: Make sure your Dino's attack settings are set the way you need them to be when heading out with them . If you are going out to take something and taking a dino with you, make sure it isn't on attack my target because it will attack your tame. You also don't want your Dino's on passive if you're expecting them to protect you. It sux while you're under attack, and you think your dino has your back but it doesn't and you both get chomped on lol
*****Pimp my Hut*****
Do you have a Building Tip, Tricks, Etc that you would like to share? Are you working on a building project? Have an idea for a building project? Share it here!
FOE - On our primitive plus server I am building on two small islands off the shore , my plan to connect both islands and have the bottom of the base be a huge water pen
Trying an experiment in the game? Share it here!
PVP Experiment lol
Esme: We have been experimenting as a group with Pix Ark ! We can share some quick thoughts here as we will be doing a Pix Ark Episode next weekend.
Did you have something that you forgot to mention during the show? Say it now or wait a week!
Join us in the games we play at www.crossrealmrebellion.com Join our discord for text and voice chat!