Season 2 Episode 2 of Rated Ark SHOW NOTES
Introduce the show - Willektron! (That is, if I’m supposed to be on this episode, haha)
Welcome survivors new and old to Episode 2 of Rated Ark, The Ark Survival Evolved Podcast!
Today is 3,8 2018
- We are a CRR Gaming Group hosted podcast , so that means the voices can change each week but the roundtable discussion will always be about Ark !
- We have many ways you can contact us to share feedback, tips, or adventures!
- You can reach the show by emailed RatedArk@gmail.com
- You can tweet the show @RatedArk on twitter!
- You can grab our RSS Feed, get our show notes www.RatedArk.com and apply to join us in game at www.crossrealmrebellion.com !
First we’d like to start the show off by introducing everyone here tonight!
Everyone introduces herself/ himself
( We can go from top to bottom in teamspeak to make it easy)
SITY: I need to adjust my hours played to actual, roughly 1500 the other 2300 is logging in and logging out.
This segment is for listener feedback. Did we get any Audio? Emails? Tweets? Reviews? Do we have an shout outs to deliver? List them below:
*****Fresh from the Forge******Ark News Segment
- ( Ark News Segment. Did any of us find any juicy news we want to share?
- You can check the steam forums, www.survivetheark.com , Ark Reddits, etc for any nuggets of Ark news you'd like to share.
Submit your ARK builds, videos, and ANSEL screenshots, you could win prizes & be featured in the next Community Crunch (Mondays)!
Tomorrow is the final day for certain legacy servers: The Great Migration 2. Make sure you're prepared, all the info is at the following link:
Replying to @RatedArk
Yes! PS4 is "hopefully" getting HDR SUPPORT on the Pro with the next update!https://twitter.com/Johnnywrench2/status/971891984347598849
New ARK dev kit is out https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/modding/ark-survival-evolved/62293-3-6-ark-dev-kit-v278-0-is-now-on-google-drive - Willektron
XBOX:Same patch notes as march 27 2018
PS4 : Same patch notes as march 27 2018
PC Patch Notes: Current Version: 278.64
- Disabled placement of structures when recently stuck in geometry (addresses known undermesh exploits)
- Fix climbing off of a ladder into geometry (including barriers) temporarily (addresses known undermesh exploits)
- Prevented closing glider for a brief period after opening (prevents accidental closure when spamming to open)
- Lower glider cooldown to 3s (From 10 seconds guys!!!! Thats better! Lol Esme)
Upcoming Version: 279, "TLC Phase 2"
- Many bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements, misc features to be announced
- 6 Dinos Updated/Refactored/Reworked:
Survivors, Firespark81 & GGFizz are currently hosting a building contest for fellow PC Survivors. They are doing both a vanilla and modded contest.
If you're a budding arkitect and interested in the competition, check out the video above. They also have a list of rules and a sign-up form if you'd like to enter.
Contest Rules & Info: https://sites.google.com/view/buildconrules/
Sign up: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaInq2jQ_i5Xe0AWQI6UN9KAK4O0RqgDH_j2eXupfk3rjpFQ/viewform
Be sure to get in touch with them if you're interested in participating, and good luck!
WHO WANTS TO READ? Criikette: Jatheish [developer] Mar 7 @ 8:35pm
Aberration Item Transfers & Fertilized Eggs (Official Servers)
In a PC Patch earlier today, item transfers were enabled on Aberration. This had been a topic of discussion for the community and the development team for quite some time. We had come to the conclusion that item transfers onto Aberration will be permitted on our Official Network. One of our team goals for this year has been working on improvements to our deployment pipelines to ensure things run smoother going forward. Unfortunately, our enthusiasm got the best of us and this change accidentally slipped through the cracks too soon. We apologize for that. Additionally, an unintended mechanic existed which allowed players to bring over fertilized eggs which were not native to the Aberration map. We have redeployed a change which will prevent this in the future by automatically deleting any non-native fertilized eggs which are brought over, as well as destroy any non-native creatures/fertilized eggs that currently exist on Aberration. We understand that this news will come as a disappointment to some, but know that we examined all available options and ultimately decided that this would be the best step to take. Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or loss suffered from this change.
To be clear, any fertilized eggs which are not native to Aberration will be deleted upon transfer. So please do not attempt to transfer your non-native fertilized eggs to Aberration and the item transferring will remain active.
We will be redeploying our Official PC Servers with version 278.66 which will have these changes. Our scheduled deployment is set for 15 minutes from now, at 20:40 EST (03/07).
WHO WANTS TO READ) GOON
Zen Rowe will be joining the Wild Card Ark Community Team as the Mod Community Manager! Here's what he had to say:
Allow me to introduce myself, My name is Josh, but some of you may know me as Zen Rowe. I have been a part of the modding community for over two years now and have been heavily involved with the discord especially. I had the pleasure of helping new people in the community learn how to use the ARK Dev Kit and watched them build out their ideas for mods, just as some did for me when I started out. For the last several months I have been sponsored for one of my projects, ArkFrame, which focused on enhancing the mods made by others and supporting interaction between mods.
Today, I am excited to become your new Mod Community Manager. My objective is to bring more consistent communication with the community and help mod authors build the quality of their projects even further. I will also be leading the sponsored modding team and be providing support for their projects.
We already have some changes planned for the mod community that will be coming soon. Every other week, as part of the community crunch, I will be doing mod spotlights and giving tips, tutorials, and best practices. We are also going to start hosting a Mod Tutorial Contest every other week. As a community, I believe we can embolden and encourage each other to make ARK even better, and I will be an active presence in the multiple areas of the modding community (UE4 forums, Discord, Steam forums). I look forward to working with you all and for our first bit of exciting news, let's begin with the Modding Tutorial Contest!
The goal of this contest is to encourage mod authors to share knowledge and increase the skill level and understanding of mod authors that are new or trying to acquire new skills.
The Triceratops, one of our oldest friends and earliest creatures implemented into the game will be receiving both a gameplay update and visual update including facial changes plus a reskin. Generally, in terms of gameplay, we felt that the Trike was in a relatively good place in regards to how much benefit in provided vs how difficult it was to obtain. As an early game herbivore, we didn't want to do a complete redesign however it was clear to us that there were some very obvious changes we needed to make.
First of all, the Triceratops will receive the ability to perform a charge and ram attack! It has a short-wind up time to notify that the trike is preparing to charge, the attack will build speed and damage during the windup, which then transfers to increased damage and ends in a ram attack which will knock targets back and can leave them stunned for a short period of time.
Additionally, its herding instincts will be improved, resulting in two changes. A 'Rivalry Buff' which will be applied to all nearby ally Triceratops when in range of large therapods and carnivores that will increase their stats/dmg akin to Mate Boost. It will also increase the wild Triceratops' aggro notify range by twice so that other Trikes are more likely to come to its aid.
****Dino Spotlight with Goon and Esme****
GOON Dino Name:Basilosaurus
How to Tame:
Preferred Kibble: Kibble (Therizino Egg)
Preferred Food Raw Mutton
Equipment: Basilosaurus Saddle.png Basilosaurus Saddle (Lv 60)
Esme : Unlike many other huge marine animals, the Basilosaurus is not aggressive and tolerates survivors and other animals unless attacked. When taming however, beware; when it eats it creates a cloud of red around its mouth (presumably blood) which will attract other animals near it, including aggressive Megalodon and Mantas. https://ark.gamepedia.com/Basilosaurus
Info Form the Dino Dossier:
One of the stranger creatures in the waters surrounding the Island is Basilosaurus solatiumfecit (sol-A-she-um-fee-sit?, felatio-she-sits). It's a powerful swimmer which has adapted to the shallows so remarkably well that it rapidly recovers from injuries when near the water's surface. Conversely, it's vulnerable to deep water pressure, which slowly causes it harm.
Basilosaurus is usually closely followed by other predatory creatures, as its eating habits leave plenty of scraps for scavengers to consume. It is a gentle creature towards humans and happily laps up food directly from them. However, the creatures that trail the "Basi" tend to become dangerously enraged whenever this occurs, as it leaves no leftovers for them.
Despite the hassle of engaging with its ornery followers, many tribes still attempt to tame the Basilosaurus, as its mammalian, warm-blooded circulation provides a rider with perfect comfort from both heat and cold. Being apprehensive in nature, Basilosaurus is equipped with a defense mechanism that prevents it from being stunned or shocked. Alternatively, Basilosaurus is hunted (perhaps too vigorously) for its special blubber, which can be efficiently refined into gasoline!
(This is notes from Criikette, but you guys are welcome to say them. Unless you want me to) Being a passive tame, the feeding seems sort of weird. If you check sites like Dododex, it will say that the frequency of feeding is something like every 8 seconds. This is true to a point. That point being that after the first feeding, he will not eat again for somewhere around 10-15 minutes (in my experience). His food level will drop somewhere like 3000 points before he takes a second bite. However, once he starts eating again, THEN it will be about every 8 seconds that you can feed him. As with all passive tames, if the dino is damaged, it will reset their tame bar. So be extra careful of the blood bath caused by his feeding since if something attacks you and accidentally hits him, it will reset your taming.
Drops Hide,Oil,Raw Prime Meat,Basilosaurus Blubber (needed for activating some of the boss fights)
GOON: Dodo Dex User #1 Tip: Good for farming bio toxin, as it can attack Cnidaria without being stunned or knocking off the rider. Takes damage when it goes too deep, though surfacing rapidly heals it.
Esme DoDoDex User Tip #2 : Ignore posts about taming bar going down, you need to tame it using only the food you give it from the start, if you change the type of food you give it, it then resets the taming bar
*****Felloons Admin Tip******
Last time I spoke about What it means to be and admin this time I wanted to share a short list of:
- Admin Traits we all appreciate
- Easier to deal with frustrated players.
- Don't get involved in the “server politics”
- Makes you approachable.
- People need to stay busy or they get bored.
- Life and get in the way - here at CRR we are almost entirely all working adults with families.
- The only way you understand quirks in the game/map/mod loadout.
- Mild mannered.
- Fairly social.
- Don't be too generous..
- “Quick” response to issues.
- Plays through the game.
- ONLY FILL OUT ONE OF THE TIP Sections BELOW FOR EACH EPISODE.
- You do not have to add anything if you have nothing to add.
- There can be more than one tip under a section, just not one host with multiple tips.
- SAVE EXTRA TIPS AND INFO FOR FUTURE SHOWS SO WE WILL NOT RUN OVER OUR TIME LIMIT.
Did you find an article, tweet, forum post you want to share and discuss? Share it here!
Do you have a tip for a new player? Share it below:
Criikette: Always carry at least 1 bola on you. There is a large selection of dinos that can be bola’ed to include spiders, dilos, sabers, direwolf, scorpions, raptors, terror birds, pegos. These are just some of the aggressive creatures that your life can be saved by having a bola. It is also really nice for gathering early hide/meat from parasaurs and phiomias.
Do you have a tip for more experienced players? Share it below:
SITY: Aberration tip, was going to do this last week but, anyway, when you are ready to travel DEEP into the area make sure you have your Hazmat suit and take any of the glow light animals, Bulbdogs, Glowtails, etc (pour the light emit in stats and then area of light for best results).they will keep the nameless from rising and attacking you. Once you get a rockdrake egg hang on to your hat cuz its going to be a race to safety. If your going for Red Crystals its bit safer but still need both of those items.
Criikette: Be careful as pressing the Reload key (default R) while riding a dino will toss a shoulder pet off.
*****Damn E Key******
Did you do something full of fail this week? Maybe hit the E key again? Share it here!
Goon : While in Aberration, I have fallen in love with the glider, it’s a blast to go up high and jump into the abyss, and glide around looking at all the cool areas, the one day i logged in and was doing some stuff and jumped off the cliff to the area below for some mats. Well when i jumped i remembered that when i logged out i took all my gear off, and my glider was in my storage unit at the base, so that day i got to put another implant in my special death box, which seems to be filling up.
Esme: Some of us have banded together to do our first “Foescience” of the season and have set up shop on the Ragnarok Prim Plus Official Server!
- So far I’m reminded:
- You have the taming trade offs if you get a dino down you can pass it to your tribe mate to finish the job if they are logging in .
- Helping to gather resources for projects.
- Sending a tribe mate back to fetch stuff you need at camp
- The shenanigans that ensue any time you leave your base or in our instance walk out of the hut lol
- Of the LONG LOAD TIME
- The Time OUt Errors loading into it.
- What we love about doing official together! The camaraderie that we have and build as a tribe as we work together to farm, tame, craft and delegate engrams. Many ask us why are we even wasting out time playing on official and I have to remind them that as Ark Podcast hosts we do this to stay mindful of what the base game is like without all of the bells and whistles we are spoiled with due to our access to mods.
- Criikette and I were agreeing that one that we really pull away from the experience is being reminded of how things are really done and not the fairytale versions. Like mating dinos on official is the real way and on unofficial you can download a hitching post and put your dinos on wander and bam its done lol
- I am reminded by this experience that we are playing the game as its most likely meant to be played and that is as a tribe. It's fun for us to rally the troops and adventure together. Sometimes when we play on our comfy unofficials we get every isolated because we are not forced to worked together where official works the best when you work together. We tend to miss out on all of the stuff we love to see in the Ark Cinematics.
I still think there needs to be a gap tightening though on the times of stuff like mating etc. We get the kibble options for tames and that's cool, but dear god, I think Wild Card still needs to do some Quality of Life TLC after they knock out their Dino TLC to make some stuff in the game more accessible and less of a grind. Which is why I will probably always have one Ark Foot in official and One in Unofficial because I like them both for different reasons .
Felloon: taking a trip down the PS4 path
- Although my first video game played was on a console (70’s) and I purchased them through the years for my kids I'm a noob.
- This is a point of view from someone who is new.
- My two points of interest
- Draw some parallels between PC and PS4.
- Access to games not immediately available to PC.
- Monster Hunter World tops charts on downloads in February for PS4.
Did you have something that you forgot to mention during the show? Say it now or wait a week!
SITY: Food for thought...ARK ever going to combine all the maps? Make an in game flight path somehow to transpire into the different maps. Of course Aberration would be a tunnel.
Esme: Come and join us in the games we play at www.crossrealmrebellion.com !
You can follow our hosts on twitter :
ESME, move these to Ep3 when you create it please (Criikette) NOTE for next week: Dino Sutra - Use Kibble as baby food. Foe Science - test other foods. We want high food content, low weight