Episode 58 of Rated Ark SHOW NOTES who wants to read?
Welcome survivors new and old to Episode of Rated Ark, The Ark Survival Evolved Podcast!
- Today is 7 /22/2017
- We are a CRR Gaming Group hosted podcast , so that means the voices can change each week but the roundtable discussion will always be about Ark !
- We have many ways you can contact us to share feedback, tips, or adventures!
- You can reach the show by emailing RatedArk@gmail.com
- You can tweet the show @RatedArk on twitter!
- You can grab the RSS Feed, get our show notes , and apply to join us in game at ratedark.podbean.com
- And you can now watch us record each episode Saturdays on Twitch 10:30pm est at mixer.com/RatedArk !
Name of who wants to read the intro & Introduce those on the show : Lucky
First we’d like to start the show off by introducing everyone here tonight!
Everyone introduces herself/ himself
( We can go from top to bottom in teamspeak to make it easy)
This segment is for listener feedback. Did we get any Audio? Emails? Tweets? Reviews? Do we have an shout outs to deliver? List them below: Greet anyone in the Mixer chat!
Who wants to read? Goon
From hugozilla on PS4
So I was running around last night farming metal, I went by a lake with a lot of beavers and dams. I counted 7 beaver and three dams. One dam was off to the side. Wow. When I came back through I noticed no beavers were near the one, so I did what you do. Soon a had a herd of beavers chasing me. I was running backwards laughing. 5 of them in hot beaver pursuit. After leading those away I decided the other dams would be safe to go back to. I had forgotten about the remaining two and of course died . Never underestimate the beavers around you!
Email From Listener Chris:
What's up y'all I love the show. Quick question should loners be expecting to see the end game of Ark. I play on ps4 and have off and on since feb. I have been a lot more active in the last months but got tired of getting wiped on PvP so went to pve then experienced the piller problem that y'all speak on all the time. So I've just been having a good time in single player with no duping no pillars and also the thought of not knowing if I'll get to tame me a dragon. Is there a chance we see loners ever get to the end game if you will. Thanks Love the show again
News & Hot topics Going on and Around Ark
FYI, there is a fake account pretending to be me on Twitter, copying my tweets/username/profile. Please be aware & watch for fake tweets.
Hey Xbox Survivors,
Currently looking to collect information on the console host/server settings:
Hey guys, if you can't see the items in your ARK Data, go to the Tribute tab and hit the folder view button, then go back to ARK Data.
10:49 AM - 16 Jul 2017
Jen Retweeted Jat
It will be on par with PC & Xbox on Monday though, which is something to look forward to. Jen added,
Bad news guys, unfortunately the PlayStation 4 Update will not be here until the 24th of July. We still need a bit more time with it. Sorry!”
12:36 PM - 21 Jul 2017
Jeremy Stieglitz @arkjeremy
At long last, I've posted the ARK DevKit v264! ARK Mod creators should download it now, details are here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?90664-7-22-ARK-Dev-Kit-v264-0-has-been-posted-to-
Jeremy Stieglitz @arkjeremy
The new "SimpleSky" system youll see in ARK 264 looks nearly as good as TrueSky, run with -nomansky. Wonder if we should make it the default
Jeremy Stieglitz @arkjeremy
New Xbox build's into Final Cert. I'm super stoked how it ended up. Singleplayer balance, endgame, & splitscreen turned out very nicely
LOST OF NEW NEWS!!!!!!
“State of the Ark!”
ARK: STATE OF THE GAME
We’ve got important and exciting news to share! First of all, we’ve finally completed our game for the console disc retail submission! It was a very long and arduous process, our boss fight or so to say, and your feedback throughout this process has been highly valuable. It was a very tight deadline to make the ship date, and the team has been intensively grinding through singleplayer-oriented refinements for the posterity of the disc-based version. All that aside, we were able to resolve many issues, as well as considerably improve the game through various changes and implementation of new techniques and it’s now time to move onto refocus our development efforts on the live game, as well as address some key topics within the community:
Will the Official Servers be wiping?
Short answer: No -- but read the long answer!
We had previously released a statement a year ago informing players that our Official Servers would not be wiping on the retail launch of the game. We’ve thought long and hard about the decision, taking into consideration the various points brought up by the community, the internal members of the team, as well as the general discussion that has taken place on the internet through various press/media outlets and will be sticking to our initial decision. It is clear that some group of players are for the wipe for, and some are against it, all for legitimate reasons; and we took it all into account.
We ultimately decided that we would not wipe and we would rather pay the cost to launch an additional new PvP and PvE Server Cluster network (alongside but separate from the current PvP and PvE Legacy Cluster), where players will get to have a fresh experience on the ARK; across all four maps with no influence from any of the previous servers. At that time we'll be rolling out the new server code and infrastructure necessary to prevent critical issues such as server crashing exploits, duping, and DDoSing, so they will not affect the batch of new servers (as well as the legacy ones, going forward).
Our current set of Official Servers will be rebranded as “Legacy” and indicated as such on all platforms. We will also be taking steps to remove some of our ‘ghost town’ servers, where the player population has remained near-zero for an extended duration of time. We’ll take a look at the statistics and will be repurposing 10% of the lowest count servers across all platforms. Once we know which servers these are; we'll preserve the save files and upload them, so if you so wish to use them, you can. Players will also have time to move through Cross-ARK to a different secure Legacy server. Every three months we will be taking a review of the Legacy Officials to see what the numbers are like and may consider repurposing more ‘ghost towns’, however, the goal will be to preserve any place with human activity.
To be clear, if you're playing on a Legacy Server you will not be able to transfer to the new Official servers and Legacy servers will still receive total and complete support (just like the New Officials) in regards to Game Updates and future ARK Expansions, so you can expect to see future DLC servers added to the Legacy Cluster.
Ragnarok: Console debut and development
The new official release date for the Ragnarok Free DLC on consoles will be on the 8th of August when ARK launches for retail release. The team spent time discussing when would be the best time to release the map, for both technical reasons, as well as the experience itself, and this was the chosen date.
We understand that some may find this news frustrating as you’ve waited a long time for the map, however after conferring for quite a while on the topic, we believe this is the best decision for the map’s arrival on console as;
First of all, it allows the Ragnarok Developers to get the latest version of the Dev Kit and incorporate our latest changes to the game, which will have a significant impact on the console experience concerning performance, visual fidelity, and stability. Secondly, by focusing our technical workforce on the other aspects of the game (in addition to Ragnarok) such as server stability, crash exploits, duping, DDoS, we will be able to ensure a much smoother experience for when the map is available. Finally, with our recent decision in regards to whether there will be a wipe or not, this seems like the smartest decision, to avoid this awkward situation of where servers that have only just been online for a couple of weeks become legacy.
The new date will also result in the map debut on console will be much further ahead in its development than the map that was initially released on PC as the Ragnarok Developers have carried out a significant number of bug fixes, QOL changes on the map, and more! We will be doing a PC patch soon to upgrade to the latest version of the map (which is available in the Steam Workshop for Unofficial Servers!) so that you guys will also be able to enjoy their improvements!
PlayStation 4 Update!
It’s happening! Yes, we’re serious. We’re currently working on the latest PS4 patch with Abstraction at the moment, and while it’ll be tough, we should be set to release it this Friday (probably going to be a late evening patch). We’ll keep you posted how that goes! Thank you guys for being so patient with us over the past few weeks, we understand how frustrating it is not to receive updates, but now we are wrapped up with certification and this tight deadline, we’ll be able to go back to our standard development pipeline and therefore include you with our updates
Console PC-Hosted Servers
Yup, you heard it. As of the 8th of August, we will finally have support for PC hosted dedicated servers on console. We won’t be renting or hosting them ourselves, it isn’t a commercial venture for us, but we will be doing the technical work needed to get this underway. Initially, they will be available via Nitrado! (It’ll come to other third party hosts once we go through this initial technical-iteration phase, as we want to ensure its stability).
These servers will be available on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and if you haven’t realised, here’s why this is so awesome:
No need for a second console to host private servers!
Complete access to all of ARKs custom server config settings, which will let players change the rules on their custom ARKs
The option to create cross ARK Clusters for the ultimate ARK Experience -- allowing travel across four Maps
Create a backup of server save files, allowing players to try something new without the fear of losing data
The servers will result in higher performance due to better optimisation
Player servers will now be able to support a larger pool of players, up to 100 concurrent users!
At a later date, these will also be Play Anywhere compatible!
For those of you wondering about repurposed console Legacy Official Servers, you will be able to take the save file and set up an Unofficial Server using this.
Nitrado will be contacting those who show interest in console servers on the 8th of August via email, you can notify them here: http://nitra.do/arkconsole
Let them know if you are keen, so they can properly estimate demand!
Oh modders, how we love you so much, we hope you can forgive us for the delay and understand as developers yourselves our reason for doing so. Fortunately, we come bearing good news! Jeremy is prepping the latest version of the Dev Kit right now (literally!) and we will have it available to download later today via GitHub, and soon after that via the Unreal Launcher when we are confident in its stability. You’ll be able to keep up with the latest information on the Unreal Forums in regards to any relevant/cool changes!
That should be what we wanted to discuss for today. Hopefully, it helps clear the air with what’s been going on and the direction we’re heading in. We're looking forward to a fun ARK launch with everyone in the weeks ahead!
All the best,
Ark: Survival Evolved's design lead on huge server wipe reversal and new structure post-PC launch
PC Gamer: “So, in less than 24-hours Studio Wildcard has made a pretty explicit 180 regarding its decision, or lack thereof, to wipe its servers.”
The article was HUGE! I tried my best to break it down into bullet points and add the insights i thought our listeners and our hosts would appreciate. Esme
Jeremy Stieglitz answered:
- “After speaking about our decision to wipe servers yesterday I went back and spoke to the team and asked: are we doing the right thing here? There are a lot of different opinions around the round table, so to speak, and we also talked to our community managers who are a little closer to the players than we are. And then, we also talked to our playtest team—the playtest team are actually like just players, they know the game really well, they're volunteers, they tend to take a look at our content, they're not employees so they come at it from an Ark fan standpoint more than anything else.”
- He said they did another deep dive into the online debates about the wipe versus no wipe situation in Ark.
- He shared that basically half the playerbase, even in PvP, that does not want to see this happen. It just doesn't seem like a good, smart move to, probably, piss off half the playerbase.
- He is said One thing they definitely didn't want to do, and theyre definitely not doing, is not only having the old servers. They are seriously affected by this irreversible hack-a-thon.”
- ultimately, they want players to have the option, new players especially, to experience the game as it's intended to be played so New servers are necessary
- They need to take about ten percent of the servers down. Jeremy said Calling it a 'no wipe' is somewhat inaccurate, it'll be a wipe of servers that nobody plays on anymore. He said they are “ servers that literally no one has played on in weeks, these are basically ghost towns.”
- Jeremy said “This is something we communicated to the playerbase from day one—we discussed wipe versus no wipe plans, we said that servers that have no player population may be marked for obsolescence.”
- Regarding the type of wipe , he also said , “This is different from an actual full wipe, because one of the things you can do in Ark is: if you server is, god forbid, marked for obsolescence, you can take your stuff, your character, your items, your gear, and actually travel to another server, refugee style. That's a mechanic that actually makes it not just like: hey, your progress is gone. That wouldn't have been possible if we had just wiped everything, but that's not what would ever happen. With this approach, when we actually ran the numbers and scaled it to our requirements we decided we can do it. It's costly for us, it's not a small investment of resources or time.
- Jeremy also states that the decision not to wipe was “ kicked off by talking to [the press]. It was talking to the press, that made us think: Are we really sure about this? That in turn spurred me to go back to the dev team, talk to them about it again, and it just chained out from there until we ultimately came to the U-turn scenario.
- Jeremy stated that sometimes development is a pretty iterative process—sometimes we don't get it right first time. He stated that they are known for not getting it right first time, among other things. He was also quoted saying “We maybe make a pretty fun game but we definitely don't have a 100 percent batting average, to say the least. That's human and okay, and I, at least in this case, think we didn't get the thinking right. Had we actually pulled the trigger on the gun? That wouldn't have been possible to un-shoot that bullet.”
- They are basically looking at $100,000 per month additional to host the legacy servers, in addition to the $100,000 it costs a month to host the new servers.
- Jeremy also said They they plan hire more help. He is quoted saying “ We also don't want to grow too much, too fast—that has its own problems. But I think the right time to grow if you're going to do it is when you launch retail. This was a combination of factors, there was also some technical scalability of our tools, of operating that amount of machines. We had to really think through the process and once we did, it's just on the right side of viable for us.
- Regarding the initial plan to wipe servers, Jeremy added , “Could we have thought through that detail earlier? Certainly, sure. The difference is, sometimes you might chalk it up to laziness or flippancy but from a design standpoint you might say it's 'cleaner' for us to have less servers.”
- He then added, “ People play games for emotional reasons, they play games to have fun. If you think about that from that perspective it makes sense. As far as why we didn't think of that earlier—we were maybe to focused on the abstracts of design, not enough on the needs of the playerbase. It was the wrong call—there's no other way to say it.”
When asked during the interview
- “What guarantees can you give players at this stage?”
“So long as I'm at the company, I'll do everything I can to prevent that from happening. It's hard to predict, for example, will Wildcard always be around? Hopefully, but short of it being the company that I'm at, that I have any influence over, it's important to me. I wouldn't want to see what sort of hell was unleashed, should these worlds that people have built disappear. I don't think it'd be pretty. That's about as extreme as I can say: I think it would mean the end of what Ark is in its current form for that to happen. I think that would be very bad for all involved. I think, short of something very extreme happening to the company, it's certainly not in the game plan for any live operational status for Ark: Survival Evolved.”
Ark: Survival Evolved's full PC launch is due August 8.
PC PATCH NOTES : PROMO
Current Version: v264.1
- Fixed structure startup crash. Highly recommend all servers hosts immediately upgrade to this version!
- Official Ragnarok Update
- SimpleSky (non-TrueSky) system with atmospheric fog
- SP Dinos no longer fall thru cave floors
- TheCenter fixes
- Streaming destructible meshes, optimized memory
- Fixed a case where the cursor would vanish when navigating through Primitive+ Menus
- Fixed an issue where you wouldn't be able to see ARK Data items unless you toggled folder view
- Slight increase to Trike Wild damage
- Increased rate at which Alpha creatures spawn in Single Player
- Decreased the amount of Eels in PGM
- Increased the ride distance on flyers to help getting on them when you've fallen in water
- Increased the spread of Terror Bird spawns in the Redwoods so you don't see as many Terror Bird Armies
- Increased the amount of creatures in TheCEnter Deep Water Zone
- Optimised foliage and Rock destruction meshes
- Jumping Puzzle on the Center now awards 3 top-tier supply crates for completion
- Center Underworld Rafts no longer teleport to the top of the map
- Fixed the dark post processing in TheCenter Deep Water
- Fixed a case where TheCenter Barrier wasn't visible underwater
- TEK Cave pool now refills your element, as well as causes you damage if you're not wearing a full element set
- Made the weather effects on TheIsland and Center more visibly clear (you'll see clouds changing)
- Lots of Deep Sea crates adding to TheCenter Deep Sea Cave
- Added a bunch of Coel to the main waters in TheCenter
- Itchy and Pego will not steal Skins from players
- Ghillie Suit now only has 70 base durability rather than 120
- Reduced the amount of stalling caused by a GC
- Removed all the non-statted items from crates that are higher tier than the first crate where that non-statted item is found
- Fixed an issue where Plesiosaur would spawn at level 35
- You now get an on screen message when you fall off the map
- Fixed a case where the Gorilla Boss would float and walk backwards, unable to attack anything.
- Stego and Rexes socket fixed so no longer laying eggs upside down
- Fixed an issue where you may see blueprints of items inside certain structures (e.g Water skin inside of Water Tap)
- Re mapped some Center Spawns in caves so they aren't clustered as much
- Fixed Leed spawns on TheCenter so they should not spawn in shallow waters
- Slightly adjusted temperatures across TheIsland and TheCenter so they are more appropriate (e.g warmer in jungles, colder in water)
- Additional damage and health adjustments to the Dragon, Megapithecus, and TheCenter bosses.
- Fixed a case where language translation may not have properly displayed
- Tooltip no longer stays when scrolling the Engram and Inventory UI
- Fixed cases of Overspawn in TheCenter
- Adjusted the IslandCoves PGM to make it more islandy and cove-like?
- Reverted the raft change so foundations can now be stacked again on Official Servers.
- Chance of Wild Eels reduced by 33%
- Wild Eels aggro range reduced by 33%
- Wild & Tamed Eels shock no longer causes stun lock or dismount, and instead applies a temporary movement and damage debuff
- Yuty courage buff now provides +20% damage resistance
- Fixed PvE ORP performance stall
- Fixed an issue where clients would crash when joining The Center or Ragnarok maps
- Fixed some server crashes
- TheCenter and PGMs now use TheIsland's alpha spawner arrays.
- TheCenter lightning light flashes now stop after it has rained!
- New Achievement: TheCenter Guardians Achievement for defeating its bosses
- Dragon boss no longer present on TheCenter
- Center Boss damage reduced by 33% versus TheIsland bosses
- Fixed Bosses so they no longer have random levels, but will scale correctly on game and server difficulty.
- Primitive+: Pachyrhino and Lystro are now tameable with Bug repellant and Rare flowers respectively
- Primitve +: Primitve pick axe and torch should now persist after logging out
- Primitive+: Battle axe and Viking axe blueprints now work in the grindstone
- Primitive+: Crash fix for flying over an Explorer Note.
- [Console] No longer crash if generating a PGM after loading TheIsland.
- Improved TheCenter Lava
- Troodon food has increased
- Sounds have been added to the UI Radial Menu
- The implant has been locked to the first slot of inventories
- Leeches have been added to the Swamp Cave
- Significantly reduced the number of Arthros in Swamp Cave
- Improved MoveTo attack trace, should be easier to select smaller targets now.
- When teleporting to player pos via tether, the teleportee now gains a +2 z offset
- Stonepick Melee attacking while running no longer stops the run toggle on controller
- Volume of crouch-prone in-out increased by 45%
- [Console] PGM no longer ooms after initial generation
- New commands to see where Dinos are when hibernated, as well as teleport to the nearest hibernated creature. "cheat hiwarp raptor_character_bp_c" and "cheat hibernationreport raptor_character_bp_c"
- Fixed a potential lighting issue when leaving the Broodmother Arena
- Fixed some super-bright water reflections
- Increased the capsule size of Pteranodon to make sure it can't fit thru player sized door frames
- Fixed character creation screen cursor not displaying in Primitive+
- Improved Troodon low-poly
- TheCenter now has Obelisk amb sounds ala TheIsland
- No longer missing the option to delete individual player dedicated saves for maps
- Placement Rotation indicator now appears with controller
- Fixed a case where Right Trigger would punch forever
- Pressing B on the controller when you have a Combo Box open will now result in canceling it (eg PGM)
- Correctly focusing on engrams when tabbing between Engram and Inventory UI
- A whole bunch of split-screen bugs were resolved!
- Fixed a case where the UI would focus drop all after placing an item into the quick slot
- Fixed a fog of war exploit in SP
- Fixed ATV not saving
- R. and SG. commands no longer work in console shipping environments
- ATV: RB should toggle first person as when riding a dino, RT should honk horn
- Fixed a case where Megalania couldn't climb Destructible Rocks -- perhaps just on console?
- FPV hands now enter a special 'dragging' anim pose when dragging a body
- When there are no additional element items to load into the weapon, Tek Rifle icon text should say "0%" (or whatever %), not "0% +"
- Torches on dino saddles now scare away Troodons.
- Fixed a case where Corpse Locator did not work reliably while underwater.
- Fixed an issue where certain engrams weren't learnable (e.g The Campfire)
- Removed difficulty strings from PGM spawn points
- Fixed a case where Extended H player hud label for tribes would be cut off
- 25 more element to build Tek Generator
- Safari Hat and Thorny Dragon Skins & Parasaur Saddle can be dropped like all the other skins
- Slightly louder & farther atten human death sound
- We now display dino entry icon next to "you have tamed" notification
- Reduced Dolphin tamed run speed by 15%
- Fixed an issue with low quality Beaver Dams
- Night Vision goggles drain 20% slower (last longer)
- Tek Rifle and Explosives damage foliage
- Increase Explorer Note unlocked volume by 5%
- No longer play time transitions when the player has no pawn.
- Added special corner icon on "skin" items to tell them apart from regular items.
- Attaching quality torches to saddles no longer converts them into primitive quality when the durability runs out.
- Fixed a case where remote inventories were not transferring to the appropriate folder.
- Gigas are no longer able to gather wood by eating snow trees in the snow biome.
- Fixed Cave spawns on TheCenter
- Accessing a Bee Hive no longer provides health
- LT and RT Functionality swapped for Painting
- Boss Arena teleporter pads and obelisk pads are correctly colourized.
- Obelisk laser beam is now aligned with the terminal center.
- Sand looks darker, wetter, and shinier where appropriate (more for console)
- Rain VFX has been improved to not be so close to the camera and now appears no matter how fast you go
- Cave lighting improved on Carno Island
- Tek Jepack superboost ("takeoff") sound has been changed to make it sound more like a jetpack
- Removed the drop shadow from the right hud icons
- Host Sess UI: Delete Procedural ARK button needs to have a confirmation dialog
- Changed title on "Tame Groups" panel to "Tame Ordering Groups" and will now display an asterisk next to the active groups button label text
- Double-tap X (controller) to activate weapon attachment is now indicated on options controls gamepad
- Fixed case where some loading tips would be cut off.
- Tribe Log increased on Console
- Now buttons which are selected appear brighter on the Main Menu's Help menu.
- Engram label texts are not modulating by the UI panel alpha (thus aren't fading out with the rest of the UI)
- When you already have a survivor (i.e. you have the respawn button visible), there is a confirmation dialog for when you "Create New Survivor" saying "Warning: This will destroy your previous Survivor, are you sure you wish to proceed?"
Ragnarok singleplayer data has moved.
Within this folder, move your Ragnarok save file and player data (LocalPlayer.arkprofile) in SavedArksLocal into it's own Ragnarok folder (the folder will be created once you load Ragnarok again for the first time since the patch).
(QueenG) XBOX Patch notes
Per Jat on SurviveTheArk.com:
Posted March 27
Current ARK Official Xbox Server Network Servers Version: 759.0
Current ARK Official Client Version: v759.0
Upcoming Version: v760 - ETA: July 19th
- New Expansion ARK map, Ragnarok and new creature: the Griffin
Current Version: v759 - July 16th
- PC Equivalent up to and including v262
Main Topic of the show:
Hot topics are welcomed!
CRUISING THE FORUMS EPISODE!
This means that you need to:
1: Head to the forums at https://survivetheark.com/, Reddit, or the Steam forums , twitter posts, Ark Facebook Group posts, etc and find a post you think would be great to talk about on the show this week !
2: Copy and paste the forum post below with the link.
3: Take the time to look of the forum posts of others and add any thoughts on the topics
What are your thoughts on this video about WC Gms Spawning in eggs? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r54ACwikkH0
(Queen) If this is true, then it sucks. Ruins the game for anyone who isn’t aware of how to get an ADMIN to spawn things in, ie. any new players, any “old” players who just keep to themselves. With the news of Legacy Servers and new servers being created with official release, this problem should be less of an issue.
So, as headline asks, what would you change in ARK to make it enjoyable again for majority of players?I have feeling that 80% of players don't experience more than 20% of game. Can't do bosses if you can't survive more than 7 days not to get raided, right?
ESME: My Input: I want less cross servers and more isolated. The duping is outrageous.
I asked Twitter for their feedback :
Joseph Clark @bamacrimsntide
Flyers speed be able to be leveled up on pve and dedicated pve and singleplayer.
Replying to @RatedArk
I'd change up a lot of the dino designs and animations. I want a better looking T. rex so bad.
Murican Zombie @jgossett84
Dino ai. If a rex is stomping on the beach then I want my lesser dinos to haul ass. Better building on console. Tlc patch for older dinos
Our CRR Discord Said:
JelliedBigfoot - For xbox, I'd like to get some timed challenges each month, kill x dinos, players or gather x material, etc.
MrBackon - I would like to change the dinosaurs AI so that carnivores attacked other carnivores and not just herbivores. And it would be cool if herbivores lived in packs of 5 to 10 animals
Input: Ragnarok devs
Just a reminder! Best place to report bugs is in our discord! https://t.co/HeaAHgemcN
New Coastal Wyvern Canyon, Q/A and possible bug fixes!! Come hang out!! https://t.co/xfrp3GPd74
The team of people working on the Ragnarok map are amazing they stream development weekly and do a really fun Q&A. They are super light hearted in their stream and respond to pretty much all the questions, even the ones that they have no control over.
I really suggest following their streams and discord.
@everyone No doubt everyone is running into new issues since the patch for Ragnarok has been released for the Official DLC. Wildcard has made many changes over the course of them getting the game ready for launch out of early access. You'll see some issues, notably with the sky which we will get fixed over the course of the next few days.
Good news is, we now have in our possession the new ARK Dev Kit 264.0, which means we will be getting the map up to speed with the necessary fixes as fast as possible. Please hold tight and bear with us while upgrade to the new systems on Ragnarok. heart to everyone! And thank you for your patience, you guys rock!
As always, we will keep you posted if any roadblocks are met, or changes need to be made!
Input: From Survivetheark.com forums under Game Suggestions user IrishTaylor77
Posted Friday at 04:19 PM
“Hey guys it's Irish again!!
So I think it would be awesome if the flags had a new option wheel, on this option wheel would be new options such as Carry, Pick up, and unlock. The option "Carry" allows you to hold the flag In both of your hands and walk/run around with it, the option "Pick up" would allow you to pick up the flag and replace it anywhere you like. The "unlock" option would allow anyone access to the "Carry/Pickup" options.
(While holding the flag In your hands and in the event that you die while doing so, the flag drops on the ground in the upright position at the location of death)
Also when looking at the flag and close enough you could get the option to press "Y" for console to pick up the flag, and double tap "Y" to place the flag down.”
The thread had a few replies mainly centering around the possibility of playing a good old fashioned game of capture the flag using this suggestion. I love this idea. Who else would play capture the flag with me if this became an option?
70% drop in memory usage for servers! Waffle.. Waffle… $$$
Input: Translation Project
A project to translate different languages for use in Ark, I think this is a awesome addition to the game. The most voted translations will be included in the game, even if they haven't yet been approved. Please remember to vote for translations for quality translations! What are the groups thoughts? As of now only German and Italian are complete with a lot more to be voted on.
Name : Goon
Input : tribe log
Just a small one talking about the tribe log, and having the newest things on top
Do you have any info you forgot to share? Some shoutouts? Future events? Contests? Share them now or wait a week!
Join us in game at www.crossrealmrebellion.com !
Lucky- Gamers in Beta
(QueenGnomia) Would You Rather: Be sticky or be itchy for the rest of your life?